Financially Friendly Destinations for Spring Break 2018
Spring is a season to enjoy traveling and marvel at what nature has to offer. If you have been planning for spring break 2018 then you’ve probably saved up some money. Regardless, you still have a budget to consider, and may be looking for affordable destinations. Travel costs are half the battle, and the last thing you need at the end of your break is to be broke!
Never fear! There are plenty of places that are beautiful and fun but don’t break the bank. Whether you want to enjoy scenic views, experience another culture, or lounge by the beach, the following options can all be reached by plane for $400 or less.
After the snow and blistering cold that so many endure every winter, bright blue skies and warm sand are a welcome reprieve. The beach is hugely popular for spring breakers, so you’re likely to find a suitable beach for your budget and needs.
Beaches in Florida
- Florida has several beaches to enjoy including Miami, Daytona, and Panama City. If you’re looking for a serious adventure, you can even hit all three for spring break 2018. Take your sunscreen everywhere, as there will more than enough sunshine everywhere you go.
- Flights to Florida are pocket-friendly as well. Using a flight finding service like CheapFlights.com or Expedia.com to find the best deal—most flights are less than $300, but costs vary, based on where you’re flying out of and when you’re going.
- Not only do Florida beaches offer endless sunshine, warmth, and clear water, they have exciting nightlife as well! Florida beaches are the perfect place to let loose this spring break 2018.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Beautiful beaches and ocean views aren’t all that Myrtle Beach has to offer; it’s also surrounded by amusement and water parks! If you’ve ever been to any kind of amusement park, you know it’s impossible to experience everything in one day, which is why a week-long vacay in Myrtle Beach is ideal if you’re keen on riding every roller coaster.
- Add Myrtle on your next list of places to go for spring break 2018. Flights are a few hundred dollars, depending when you go and where you’re flying from (if you’re driving, even better!). Beachfront housing is likely available for a lower cost than Florida, and affordable accommodations can be found through AirnB as well as HomeAway.
- It would be a crime to discuss beach vacations and not include the Bahamas! Nassau is the capital of the Bahamas, located on the island of New Providence. Along with its bright, sandy beaches and crystal-clear water are luscious, green, rolling hills. Offshore are gorgeous coral reef, great to explore via diving and snorkeling. Flights to Nassau are impressively inexpensive; flights are available for less than $400.
And of course, don’t forget to bring your GBM Sonsie swimsuits to whichever beach you choose!
If you’re looking for a spring break experience that doesn’t involve sandy beaches and awkward tan lines, consider visiting one of these culture-rich cities, right here in the US.
- New Orleans boasts unique food, unrivaled street parties, and music. You visit this place and never want to leave. Accommodation and flights are budget-friendly, ensuring you have money for food, exploring, souvenirs, and having real fun.
- Nashville is called the Music City for a reason. For music-lovers, this destination must be experienced. Make a date with it this spring and enjoy this city’s vibrant, musical nightlife. There are endless venues filled with musical talent. Who knows, you might even end up performing yourself!
- Nashville also boasts decades of musical history and of course, delicious barbecue and other incredible southern cuisine. Similar to the aforementioned vacation spots, airfare averages about $400.
- Austin offers a uniquely southern experience. Known as the Live Music Capital of the World Music, Austin is filled with musicians performing everywhere you turn. Then there’s 6th Street in downtown, filled with architecture over a century old, diverse culture, and home to music and film festivals, rallies, and more. Surrounding the sunny city are peaceful lakes to relax by. Maybe the best part is that this city is only a few hundred dollars away. Don’t forget to try the local food spots, too!
Landmark Attractions & Scenic Views
Apart from culture and sandy beaches, landmarks are the other reason why you should travel during spring.
- These enormous waterfalls are a sight to behold. Spectacular views are available from New York and Canada. Spring is when Niagara’s tulips begin to bloom and add to its already beautiful scenery. Adding to this incredible experience are surrounding wineries to enjoy.
- If you love hiking during your trips, you have to visit the Grand Canyon. The expansive land is one heck of a trek and offers incredible views for miles. The crowds are pretty small in the spring, so you can enjoy the experience without people photobombing your pics and blocking your view.
Reducing Spring Break Costs
All the above spring break 2018 destinations can be traveled to for several hundred dollars and promise unforgettable experiences. Be a savvy saver and compare housing costs—staying in an Airbnb or something similar can save you a fortune, but don’t forget to check hotels, motels, and bed & breakfasts! These accommodations often offer deals, discounts, and perks like continental breakfast, a sauna, gym, and more.